I am a Freelance Growth & Technical Marketing Consultant helping brands turn brand awareness into incremental profit. By optimizing their advertising and websites based on insights and data for conversions, users, and search engines. My main focus is Technical Marketing, on the intersection of CRO, SEO, and Web Analytics.
To make this less abstract. Here are a few concrete examples of my services. I help businesses with their online marketing strategy, Google Tag Manager (Server-side), Google Analytics 4 and CMP implementations, domain migrations, technical SEO, and CRO website audits.
I have worked with multiple clients including The Social Hub formerly The Student Hotel, TEDxAmsterdam, and others
Before I started my freelance business I was a Growth Marketing Manager at VanMoof for 3 years. I optimized the websites based on insights and data for the user and VanMoof. To achieve the company’s ultimate goal of getting the next billion on bikes.
Previously I worked as a Senior CRO Analyst at Fietsenwinkel.nl, Conversion Specialist and Web Analyst at The Next Web, Online Marketeer (focus on CRO & SEO) at Van der Valk Exclusief, and I was an Online Business Developer at Budeco.
In 2017 I graduated cum laude the Master of Online Persuasion by Online Dialogue. In this course, I learned how the consumer' brain works, how rational and irrational we humans are and how to influence the decisions and experiences of a consumer' brain. In an ethical manner of course.
- Two Google Analytics tools
To quickly add UTM tags to an URL, I've created a Google Analytics 4 UTM Campaign URL Builder. By filling in the UTM Medium, UTM Source and UTM Campaign you automatically get the URL with the tags appended. Besides that, you can check the URL with multiple tools, such as Google Pagespeed Insights or Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Create a hypothesis for an experiment
- With this little tool, it is even easier to create a good and solid hypothesis for your next experiment. Which can help in creating better experiments, easier analysis and having better learnings. It is based on the Hypothesis Kit by Craig Sullivan.
- A/B/n and MVT Testing with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
The costs of using an A/B testing tool, such as Google Optimize 360, Optimizely or VWO, were rising without providing extra value. That is why I started developing this script at Valk Exclusief with Online Dialogue. At TNW I continued optimizing the script with Martijn Scheijbeler to make even leaner and more flexible.
In this article, I explain how and why I used it at TNW: A/B Testing with Google Tag Manager.
- A/B/n and MVT Testing with Cloudflare
Work in Progress
- Example Containers for Google Tag Manager
If you have any ideas to make the script better or GTM containers, please let me know or contribute on Github.
- Conversion Hotel Unconference 2021
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (HvA)
- Emerce Digital Marketing Live 2020 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Search Y Paris 2020 in Paris, France
- MIE 2020 in Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Friends of Search 2020 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Webwinkel Vakdagen 2020 in Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Emerce Performance 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MeasureCamp Bucharest 2019
- MeasureCamp Amsterdam 2019, 2018, 2016
- e-Commerce Conference 2019 in Athens, Greece
- MeasureCamp London 2019, 2018 & 2017
Articles & Podcasts
- How to recover lost Android-based (direct / none) traffic in Google Analytics
- Life after GDPR Podcast: Google Analytics in the EU with Steen Rasmussen, Petri Mertanen, and Rick Dronkers
- Red Panda Works Podcast: About CRO with Jordi Bron
- CRO.Café podcast: At Conversion Hotel 2021
- Emerce Digital Marketing Live: VanMoof streeft naar maximale conversie tegen lage kosten
- CRO.Café podcast: Growth marketing bij VanMoof
- CRO.Café podcast: Blijven we haken op data verzamelen of gaan we door naar "the next step"?
- CRO.Café Live: COVID-19 impact
- WSJ: Facebook’s Next Privacy Challenge: Less Data to Target Ads
- Marketing the TNW Way: A/B Testing with Google Tag Manager