I am a Web Analyst and Conversion Specialist at The Next Web.
TNW is a future-proof tech media company that focuses on this cross-generational group and helps them get the most out of technology by informing them through remarkable stories and insights, and by bringing them together through extraordinary events and workspaces.
Previously I worked as an Online Marketeer at Valk Exclusief, part of the largest hospitality chain in the Netherlands run by the Van der Valk family, and I was an Online Business Developer at Budeco.
At TNW I make sure we track all the behavior of our users on thenextweb.com. All tracking is done with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics. Based on the data we collect with Google Analytics we provide insights with the team. And use the insights to make beter business decisions.
A/B/n and MVT Testing with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
The costs for using an A/B testing tool, suchs as Google Optimize 360, Optimizely or VWO, were rising without providing extra value. That is why I started developing this script at Valk Exclusief with Online Dialogue. At TNW we continued optimizing the script to make even leaner and more flexible.
Example Containers for Google Tag Manager
If you have any ideas to make the script better or GTM containers, please let me know or contribute on Github.
My colleague Martijn and I wrote about it, and wrote a bit more about how we use and do CRO and analytics at TNW.
- Heat maps
- Deep dive on A/B testing
- Learnings from our A/B tests
- What tools do we use?
- Google Tag Manager, we’re in love!
- A/B Testing with Google Tag Manager
- How are you engaging with this page?
- 24 Examples of Calculated Metrics in Google Analytics
- How TNW uses Google Optimize 360
- How to get the most out of Google Tag Manager in AMP
- 50+ Custom Dimensions in Google Analytics
- We made a case study with Google about how we use Google Optimize 360 at TNW
Articles by others I have read and liked are on my Instapaper profile.