An unsorted list of travel gear I pack in my backpack. Inspired by Matt Mullenweg's "What's in my bag" post.
My preferred backpacks
- Goruck Echo (16L)
- My daily backpack that I use for commuting to work when I only carry essentials.
- Goruck GR1 (26L)
- This is my other daily backpack that I use when going to the gym before or after work. This daypack is also big enough for a weekend away.
- Goruck GR2 (40L)
- The GR2 is great for longer trips. I used it to travel around Japan for 3 weeks. And the best thing is, it is still a carry-on backpack.
What travel gear is in my backpack?
- Field Pocket GR2
- 4L field pocket that carries all sorts of small items. Like all the Apple adapters and cables. I also have the Echo and GR1 field pockets that I can use as packing cubes.
- Sea to Summit See Pouch (medium)
- Handy and light dopp kit. Because you can see through it, makes it very easy to go through security at an Airport when traveling with only carry-on.
- Apple MacBook
- With charger.
- Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
- Handy kit with all the adapters that you may need. The work for the laptop and iPad charger. So I take an iPad charger with me for charging my iPhone.
- Apple AirPods
- Maybe the best gadget purchase I have done in the last couple of years. I don't miss untangling the cables. And I feel totally comfortable wearing them while biking through Amsterdam.
- WakaWaka Power 10
- A powerbank to charge my iPhone a couple of times (10.000 mAh). And I charge the powerbank with the WakaWaka solar panels.
- Dopper water bottle
- Stay hydrated. Drink water. Alcohol doesn't count. But make sure it's empty before you go through security at the airport.
- Secrid wallet
- I actually have 2 wallets. One is in my pocket with the most important cards that I use daily. And a second one with less important cards and some emergency cash.
- Eden pocket knife
- Cheap, solid and sharp knife. Always handy. But make sure you do not take it with you when you are flying with only carry-on.
- Fenix E15 flashlight
- Small but powerful EDC flashlight. Handy when you need to find a lock in the middle of the night. I make sure it's always in the same spot in my backpack. That way I can always find it by touch when it's dark.
- Moleskin notebook
- When I need/want to write something down. In case of emergency some important phone numbers and details are on the first page. And I always cary more then one pen.
- Pacsafe TAS cable lock
- Not the best lock, doesn't feel very solid, but it works. For example for lockers in a hostel or to lock my backpack.
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling headphones
- I can't imagine flying without these. To me, they are essential for a comfortable flight.
- Other small items
- Lip balm, tissues, painkillers and a deck of cards.
Vreeman.com is the personal website of Simon Vreeman.
CRO Tools - F1 2018 Calendar, Teams & Drivers - Travel Gear